2022 MIAMI VALLEY MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
CLICK HERE FOR THE 2022 MATCH PLAY PODS
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR MATCH RESULTS
Teams must play at least one match by June 15th; if a team has not completed one match by June 15th, they will be "fined" one point
Teams must complete all matches by August 15th
Players will receive 85% of their course handicap. The GHIN app makes this calculation easier!
TEAMS WILL ADVANCE TO THE TOURNAMENT BRACKET TO COMPETE FOR THE 2022
CHAMPIONSHIP! THE TEAM WITH THE MOST POINTS FROM EACH POD WILL ADVANCE.
RULES OF THE 2022 MVGCSA MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP:
- Format of play is Four-Ball (same as last year)
- Each player will receive 85% of their course handicap (contact Brian Laurent if you need assistance calculating your handicaps)
will be based on points. Points are earned in the following manner:
- Win a Hole = 1 point
- Tie a Hole = 0.5 point
- Lose a Hole = 0 points
- Individual scores from your matches must be posted WITHIN TWO (2) DAYS as TOURNAMENT scores according to the rules of the USGA. Scores can be posted via the GHIN mobile app or online at GHIN.com.
the event committee is made aware of any player not posting their score
within two days of their match, the player may be required to play any
upcoming matches at 50% of their handicap until all scores are posted.
- Following your match, one player must submit the results by completing the online form in its entirety.
the case that a match cannot be completed because of weather, the
remaining holes will be scored as halved. A minimum of 14 holes must
already be completed in order for this rule to take effect. If 14 holes
are not completed, teams are encouraged to continue where they left off
PAST CHAMPIONSPOD TIE-BREAKER SYSTEM
2019 - JASON MAHL & BRANDON COBB
2020 - RYAN D'AUTREMONT & JIM DILLARD
2021 - BRANDON COBB & ZACH KOPPIN
If there is a tie for the most points in a pod, the tie will be broken as follows:
1. Head-to-head results of the teams tied
2. If the teams tied their match, the next tie-breaker will be the most points scored in a single match
3. If the teams are still tied, the next tie breaker will be the most points scored in the 1st match played. If the teams are still tied, we will compare the 2nd match.
TOURNAMENT BRACKET SEEDING
The teams winning their pods will move on to standard match play format in our championship bracket. The team with the most points will be the 1 seed and so on. Since there are not an equal number of teams in each pod, the point totals from the first two (2) matches will be used to determine bracket seeding.
Ties for seeding will be broken by total points in their first match. If still tied, they will be based on total points in the second match.
IN CASE OF CONFLICTS
The event committee does its best to predict any and all scenarios, but if a scenario arises that was not accounted for, the committee will determine the best possible solution. In the case that a committee member is impacted by the decision, they will recuse themselves from the decision making process.
The Match Play Committee Members include:
Jim Dillard, Ryan D'Autremont, Jon Soukup and Brian Laurent